Cinema plays an important role in the life of any society. It
is an available popular form of art. Lots of people find going
to the cinema one of the best ways of spending their leisure
time. The movie audience is predominantly a young one.
Due to numerous video facilities, cinema attendances have
declined sharply. But there is no denying the fact that the
cinema-going habit is still a strong one.
No matter how large the place you live in is (whether it's a
big city or a small provincial town, or even a settlement)
there's most likely to be a cinema there.
There are such genres of feature films as the western, the
thriller, the musical, the drama and the comedy. The performance
lasts from two or three hours and most cinemas have at least
4 performances a day. There is no doubt that a good cinema
show is an excellent entertainment and quite cheap. Of late
cinema screens in this country have been dominated by films
produced in the USA. And this tendency is growing.
As for me, I'm fond of going to the cinema. It's a pity, I
don't always have time for it. It's an open secret that we live
in a very difficult time now. But people do need something
amusing and pleasant, something to laugh at. That's why I
give my preference to comedies.
The last comedy, I saw, is "Crocodile Dandy". The film tells about amusing adventures of a young lovely woman — reporter and a strong and brave crocodile hunter. At first, their relations were not friendly. She even looked down on him and he in return neglected her. But after he rescued her out of some difficult situations, their relations became more friendly. A happy end is an essential feature of American films. The same is true of this comedy. The main characters fall in love with each other in the end of the film.
1. How do lots of people find going to the cinema?
2. Who makes up the movie audience?
3. Why have cinema attendances declined sharply?
4. Is the cinema-going habit still a strong one?
5. What genres of feature films are there?
6. How many performances have many cinemas a day?
7. What films have cinema screens in this country been
8. Are you fond of going to the cinema?
9. In what time do we live now?
10. What do you give your preference to?
11. What does the film you saw last tell?
12. What is an essential feature of American films?