After each term in school we had our holidays. It's fun to
have holidays, you can do whatever you like, you don't have to
get up too early, do your homework or think of troubles
which occur very often at school.
Most of all I liked summer holidays, they were the longest
ones, though, when winter was snowy and and frosty, I enjoyed
my winter holidays skating and skiing, sledging and making
a snowman or having a fight with snowballs.
I'd like to tell you about my summer holidays I spent in
Sochi. It was just three years ago. My parents and me were
sitting in the living-room discussing our plans for the summer
holidays. My father suggested that we should go to Sochi.
On hearing that I jumped up with joy and said it was a
wonderful idea. My mother wasn't against the idea either.
So one summer morning we started for our journey to
First, we travelled to Odessa by plane and from there we
got to Sochi by boat. We stayed in Odessa for three days, our
relatives live there and they gave us board and lodging. So we
had an excellent opportunity to go round the city, to see
beautiful monuments to the famous people who had lived in
Odessa, museums and the Odessa Opera House.
We enjoyed our trip from Odessa to Sochi. The Black Sea
was calm. We sat on deck in the lounge chairs and looked at
the sea. I like Sochi very much, we bathed and went boating
and swim-ming, lay in the sun on the beach. In the evenings
we went for a walk or dropped in at a cafe to have ice-cream
or juice. My father showed us the famous Botanical Gardens,
we went for hikes in the mountains, we saw the magnificent
Augur a Waterfalls.
The sea was nice and warm. The weather was fine. When
it was time to go home, we were sorry to leave the marvellous
town of Sochi.
1. Why is it fun to have holidays?
2. What holidays did you like most of all?
3. Did you like winter holidays?
4. Have you ever been to Sochi? When were you there?
5. What did your father suggest?
6. When did you start for your journey to Sochi?
7. Where did you travel by plane?
8. How many days did you stay in Odessa?
9. Where did you live there?
10. What did you do in Odessa?
11. Did you enjoy your trip to Sochi?
12. What did you do in the evenings?
13. Why were you sorry to leave Sochi?